Chai Tea Cupcakes (makes 2 dozen)
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Black Tea - 2 tea bags
- All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Cake Flour - 1 cup (sifted)
- Baking Powder - 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Course Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground Cardamom - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground Gloves - Pinch
- Ground Nutmeg - Pinch
- Unsalted Butter - 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons)
- Dark Brown (I used golden brown) Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line mini (or regular) muffin tins with liners.
- Bring milk to a simmer over medium heat on stove. Remove from heat and add tea bags and cover for 15 minutes. Remove tea bags and squeeze the bags on top and throw out and allow milk/tea to cool completely.
- Whisk together both flours, baking powder, salt, pepper, and spices.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and brown sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat until incorporated. Reduce speed to low.
- Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two batches of tea-infused milk, and beating until just combined after each.
- Divide batter evenly and fill each 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes (regular sized) and 10-12 minutes (mini's) or until tops spring back when pressed. Frost as necessary. :)
Condensed Milk Icing
- Unsalted Butter - 1/2 stick of butter (4 tablespoons)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons
- Course Salt - Pinch
- Confectioner's Sugar - 3/4 cup
- With an electric mixer on medium, whisk together butter, condensed milk, and salt until smooth. Whisk in confectioner's sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, until combined, then whisk on high speed until thick and smooth. Use immediately by dipping each cupcake and turning over quickly.
I didn't use the condensed milk icing. I just used my signature cream cheese icing. I also didn't use the oven, I used my brand new:
Original Cupcake Baker!!! ($24.99)
I love it. It only bakes 7 mini's at a time, but they took 5 minutes each batch and they were perfectly moist and golden brown. I highly recommend it, if you are thinking about getting this one or a cupcake baker that is similar. Here's your wonderful recipe for today. I'll also show you a few pictures from Halloweekend! I was a pirate on Friday and a cupcake on Sunday. (Both DIY costumes!) :) I enjoyed every minute of the weekend. It was welcome change. I hope everyone else had fun weekends and enjoy their weeks.
KK was a baker :) and I was a cupcake.