February 17, 2011

Danielle

I've been semi absent this week, due to what else, school. Wow, it's so weird to type that. Tomorrow, you'll be getting a Culinary Conversations post about how I survived my first week in culinary school. But today I saw that Malori posted a 25 things about herself and considering I haven't done any real posts this week, this one looked like fun!!

  1. I watch a lot of things on Netflix, quite frequently even random documentaries. (I'm watching Super Size Me right now.)
  2. My family is a huge part of my life. My parents are divorced, but they get along well and we all go on vacations together. 
  3. Bad grammar/spelling in text messages is one of my biggest pet peeves.
  4. Contrary to popular belief, I've only eaten two of my own cupcakes ever. (A Snickerdoodle & a Red Velvet)
  5. I'm studying Baking & Patisserre at Le Cordon Bleu and it's been the biggest leap of faith I've ever taken.
  6. I own six pairs of Converse! They're my favorite shoes by far and I'd wear them everyday if I could and if I didn't love showing off my painted toes.
  7. When I'm at my house, I live in Victoria's Secret Yoga Pants. They're the most comfortable things ever.
  8. I was born and raised in Long Island, NY. When I moved to Arizona, all the kids at school made me say words like coffee, corner, and water over and over because of my accent.
  9. I absolutely hate scary thrill rides such as rollercoasters. I've never even been on Disneyland's Splash Mountain. 
  10. I'm one of the pickiest eaters you'll ever meet and I'm in culinary school. I don't like fruit, seafood, most Mexican food, hamburgers, sandwiches and much more. No, I'm not a vegetarian. I'm scared for the day I have to try food I don't want to in front of everyone in class.
  11. I'm not a morning person at all. I hate waking up early. I can barely function and my first class everyday is at 7 am and I live 30 minutes away. It's not fun for me in the least bit.
  12. I do not like driving at night or in traffic. If I have to by myself, I'll always find someone to call to keep me company. 
  13. I've posted over 10,000 tweets since I got Twitter in May 2008. For some reason, I think I'm interesting enough to post all the time! HA. 
  14. I just started culinary school and I'm already getting excited for my 12 week externship next year!!
  15. I check my youtube subscriptions constantly, so I'm always up to date on my very favorite beauty gurus.
  16. All of my notes, book tabs, flash cards, and pen ink colors are color coordinated by type and subject.
  17. I had never peeled any vegetables before Wednesday during Culinary class.
  18. I've had my Arizona Real Estate License since last May with the support of my dad and stepmom who have been in the top 1% of Real Estate agents in Arizona for over ten years.
  19. I would definitely define myself as stubborn, passionate, and ambitious.
  20. I don't go a day without lots of praying and reading the Bible. I rarely miss a Sunday afternoon at church! I love God and am learning every day how to let him guide me completely. 
  21. I know exactly how much a Large Coke is at McDonald's, tax and all. 
  22. I frequently flirt with cashiers or store workers. Last week this benefited me when I got free eggs and multiple packages of butter.  It's embarrassing, but oh well.
  23. The Beatles are my absolute favorite band. I was introduced to them against my will when I began dating Casey, freshman year. He burned me about 5 CD's for my birthday and I've been obsessed ever since. I currently have 300+ Beatles songs on my iTouch, but my favorite two haven't ever changed. ("Blackbird" & "In My Life")
  24. My mom used to blow dry my hair up until age 18. I hated it because I was so lazy, but she loved it. :)
  25. I'm extremely, disgustingly sensitive. I'm really emotional especially when talking about my love life. I've been in two long term relationships, both ending abruptly exactly two years apart. I know I should be cynical of true love, but I still believe it's out there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment