July 17, 2010

Changes and Choco Cupcakes

Things are sure changing. New opportunities are arising and I'm ready to dive head first into life. I'm working a lot and getting new leads for rentals everyday and I'm absolutely loving it. I'm currently operating on the Pomodoro technique. It's working in 25 minute increments and then taking scheduled 3-5 minute breaks after each "pomodoro." It's been really effective at work because I'm actually getting things done. It's crazy. I'm planning a lot of baking activities and watching too many cupcake TV shows like DC Cupcakes. I'm planning on spending the weekend doing a lot of baking which is SO exciting. I've really found my niche I think. Writing and cupcakes. It's fun.

Walmart has been my home away from home and it's great. I think I just like being here at this office. I like being surrounded by people, but not constantly bothered by questions and the phone ringing. I've also been doing a lot of brainstorming about how to get this cupcake thing started. I love this so much. Speaking of, I'm baking heart healthy chocolate cupcakes right now! (Recipe below.) I'm just really happy and I love it.

This weekend Trey is camping in Williams with family, so I will researching more recipes of cool flavors and trying them out. I  need a new mixer. My hand mixer is probably like 6 years old and it's missing the actual beaters that fit. It's totally ghetto. HA. I did splurge on cupcake books and new baby mixing bowls, measuring cups, spatula, and cupcake liners all dark purple :).  Baking sprees are my new fave. This post has been hours in the making and it's not going anywhere, but oh well. Please check out the cutest new Etsy shop on the block, Jacques and Jill, run by blogger, Sunday Morning Sugar Malori. You'll love it. Okay, so here's the Cupcakes. They have no eggs, milk, or butter and are still totally delicious!


Divvies Chocolate Cupcakes (Makes 12 Cupcakes)
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups water
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together oil, vinegar, vanilla, and water until well combined. Add flour mixture to the mixer and mix until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as necessary. Batter should look and feel more watery than normal cake batters.
Pour batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 1/2 to 3/4 full. Transfer to oven and bake, rotating pan halfway through cooking, until a cake tester inserted into the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
Immediately remove cupcakes from muffin tin and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely before frosting.

P.S. Check out my new little ads to steal in my love for Dee section up top and I look super attractive waiting for cupcakes to bake at 11 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment