July 14, 2010

Day 10 - 30 Day Journal Challenge

I was not looking forward to this prompt. I didn't think it related to me because I don't collect anything. I haven't collected anything since movie ticket stubs in middle school or my awesome rock collection at age 5. But I was struck with an idea, a good one. :) First a quick story. I brought about 10 of my RV Cupcakes into the office yesterday and everyone was raving about them. (I promise I'm not trying to brag, I'm just explaining.) I couldn't even explain the smile it brought upon my face to see people enjoying them. Fast forward to this morning - creating today's prompt.
Journal Prompt 10:  This prompt is all about collections.  I am such a collector. I have too many collections but I love them all.  I am definitely the type who moves on though to new collection depending on my mood and the seasons in my life.  What do you collect?  If anything.  Do you collect buttons, clothes, shoes, friends, parking tickets, whatever!!  Illustrate your collections.  This will be fun to look back on someday and see how your collections have grown or have moved on :)


I collect dreams. I put them in my pocket and let them overflow. As many of you know, I have big plans for my life. There's lots of things I want to do, places I wanna go, dreams I want to fulfill. Most of these are self explanatory because I talk about these items a lot. But in the center it says Cupcake Rockstar. I want to open up a Sprinkles type cupcake bakery called Cupcake Rockstar and eventually combine it with mine and Alex's future cool clothing store. I want Cupcake Rockstar to be like a place to hang out with like drinks, coffee, and cupcakes. It will be colorful and fun with AWESOME music and super cool couches. It's ambitious, but it's my life. I'm a dreamer through and through. Who should say I can't accomplish everything I want!? :)

Today, on my day at home, I did nothing besides blog creep. I found the most wonderful blog ever. I absolutely love it. I'm sure you will too. She has great posts with fun DIY's and ways to entertain yourself which is RIGHT up my alley.  http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/ Despite the crap I've dealt with today, I've been so happy. I scrolled through the names in my inbox. 
Alex: oh darling, I miss you so much. I wanna see you. I miss our lunch dates and mall dates. Come home.
Trey: you rock, literally. I love you more than words. Your kisses make me SO giddy and happy.
Kiara: you're also seemingly far away, but I know you're thinking of me and you care about me.
Michelle: my best friend, thank you for being back in my life and being my main bitch. <3
Beth: my other mother. She's helped me through so much and I can't thank her enough.
I may have people out there working against me, but these people I have working in my favor because they love and care about me mean the absolute world to me. Love is the only reality. (Stolen from the Bachelorette) It doesn't matter what anyone thinks or says because my life is full with amazing love in so many forms.

Have a good day kids. Enjoy everyday, even today Bastille Day, because it's the last July 14, 2010 you'll ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment