August 8, 2010

There's no place like home.

Boo boo boo! This is my face today after cleaning up the dishes and bakeware piled high in the kitchen. Yesterday my kitchen smelled less like scrumptious cupcakes and more like failure. Well, not that dramatic, but it was disappointing. I attempted the impossible and tried to bake three flavors in a matter of two hours and two of which I'd never made before: Carrot, Boston Cream Pie, and Snickerdoodle.  I went for the carrot first which was a challenge in itself because I hate the smell and feel and everything about carrots. The consistency was SO weird which should of been my first clue, but I scooped them and put them in the oven anyway. Twenty minutes later, they should of been done and I pulled them out. They were sunken in and some were exploded over the side. They looked just horrendous. I put them off to the side and pressed on to the Boston Cream. The batter tasted and looked delicious. They should've been done in 15 minutes, I must have put them back in about 6 times totaling 30 minutes. I made the vanilla cream filling and the chocolate ganache and piped the cream inside. It definitely wasn't enough. They were mediocre at best. Good thing the Snickerdoodle were above my expectations because I needed the confidence boost. It's just the up's and down's of doing something new which the carrot and boston cream were. Maybe next time.

The rest of the night was good. I spent it with my family for a night of food and UFC. The best combination...for a guy. I had fun gossiping and taking crazy pictures with the fam bam. I swear we're all the perfect combination.

The Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes.
Kitchen Antics.
Fist Pumpin'.
Drew and Alyss.
Trizzle and Dizzle and my favorite picture from the night...
the perfect clouds.

The disposable camera addiction is getting out of hand and getting ridiculously expensive. No wonder everyone has a digital camera now because getting pictures developed is definitely too much money. No me gusta. There's also been some big discussions in the making in the Fazio households. Yes, both. There is a big possibility of moving very soon, not far, but moving is moving and it's just stressful for all parties involved. Good thing I love the house so much. It makes it easier. The room is being put on hold until all decisions are made. I for one don't want to paint a whole room and then make it go to waste if I'm no longer living there. I'll keep you updated, yes once I find a place that feels like home. Have a good Sunday kiddos.

Day 05 → Someone you didn't want to let go (just drifted) and someone you need to let go.
Didn't want to let go - one of my old best friends, she would've been one of my bridesmaids and she was such a strength in my life. 
Need to let go - this person that used to be a HUGE part of my life for so long, but just left and now I find myself so caught up in their life and the people important to them and why they really left. It sucks sucks sucks!

Day 06 → Something people seem to compliment you most on and something you never get compliments on.
Most complimented - probably my hair.
Least complimented - my wimpy arms. 

(postsecret)

Btw, I also just finished this adorable book called the Dork Diaries.  It was a quick read meant for like sixth graders, but it rivaled Diary of a Wimpy Kid in like a girl version and this girl talked just like I did and still do in diaries/journals. I enjoyed it because it was SO dramatic and ridiculous, just how I describe my life. :)

2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes (even from afar) look delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :) Everyone said they were, but in my book they weren't up to my standards.

    ReplyDelete