September 26, 2010

Summer Septembers with Cupcakes.

Oh hi blog. I've missed you quite terribly and I'm sorry I haven't devoted a substantial amount of time to writing in here. This weekend has truly been one for the books. HSH (Home Sweet Home Cupcakes) had it's first HUGE project. 500 cupcakes for Mountain Pointe HS' homecoming. It was circus themed. My cousin, Nicole, my aunt, Trey, and my brother all contributed to what I thought would be much more difficult. It wasn't because I had spreadsheets and lists galore and it took way less than anticipated. We got started later than I planned (9:30) and finished by 1:30. 4 hours of frosting, baking, messes, and pink boxes and we got this:
The 13 boxes filled with 500 Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes 
Some chocolates with Blue Cream Cheese Icing.
I'm disappointed I didn't document more pictures, but I felt SO much relief and stress lifted that it didn't even cross my mind. I spent the rest of the night just hanging out at Ra, eating sushi with Trey, Nicole, Curtis and two of their friends Paula and Cameron and seeing Easy A again. Still amazing. 

Today all I did was relax. The weekend and the cupcakes totally overwhelmed me mentally and I needed a veg day, but I did head to Ulta because their store was moving, so things were 75% off including these:
No, I did not buy Golden Wheat, I bought Dark Auburn and they were only $12.99 with the 75% off discount. Amazing! Totally loving long hair again.
They were SO easy to put in and they matched so well to my real hair. I love them. The rest of the night I anticipate will be filled with some more blog stalking and watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians and Gossip Girl. I truly cannot believe September is over on Wednesday, like where'd the time go? Seriously. I decided I wanted to finish this post with a playlist for those wishing for fall nights and orange leaves, but are forced to settle for 105 degree temperatures and tank tops still. (This girl RIGHT HERE. boo) This is not quite a coherent mix, I'm not good like that. It's just the stuff I'm listening to currently on a mix cd in my car.

1. Something Like That - Tim
2. With Me - Sum41
3. Vacation - Simple Plan
4. My First Kiss - 30H3!
5. If We Ever Meet Again - Timbaland
6. Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
7. Pocketful of Sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield
8. Come Home - Sara Bareilles and OneRepublic
9. Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds
10. Bad Reputation - Joan Jett
11. Borderline - Madonna
12. Dynamite - Taio Cruz (for my badminton girls)

Have a fantastic last weekish of September, make it count! Keep loving and keep following!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment