October 2, 2010

Friday Night Football.

It's no surprise that I graduated almost two years ago. But there's always one excuse to go back to my high school for Friday Night Football and it's our HUGE rivalry game vs. Chandler High School, only down the street about 4 miles tops. The dislike for Chandler is deep rooted in every Hamilton Husky including myself, so driving to Chandler High was not pleasant for me. The game was televised nationally on ESPN2, but watching on TV could not compare to the electric atmosphere of about 13,000 screaming fans. Arizona's top two high school football teams pitted against each other. Good thing for me, I went to the school that has beaten Chandler 13 times in a row and never lost this game. It was touch and go there for awhile in the first half, but the Huskies came out on top going into half time and only continued their domination through the whole game allowing only one touchdown in the second half. It was amazing to just be there even though I have no voice today. High school football is something so special and different than any other sporting event and having gone to a school where a majority of the students are so attached to Husky football is awesome and something I'll always treasure.


"There's something about the lights on Friday night that surges through your bones, makes you excited and nervous and hyped for what is about to happen on that field. It makes you concerned about the here and now, not the past, and not the future, just now. This and the crowd and the field and the lights."



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment