May 11, 2011

Twelve weeks later.

Tomorrow will the ending of my second block of classes at Le Cordon Bleu and the end of my first exposure to baking. After the stress of the first half of my crazy practical, I left class at 10:30 breathing a sigh of relief and high fiving the L to my D (Lenay) about how close we were to being done with Intro to Baking and Patisserie. On the drive home, I started to think about how far I've come already in just 12 weeks. I've overcome so many fears and thoroughly surprised myself with how much I have accomplished.

Even more so after going through my Le Cordon Bleu facebook album full of pictures of each new dessert and success, I started to cry this afternoon. This is where I was meant to be. Through all the crap I've overcome to get to this point, I've found my place, the people who understand me, and the satisfaction I've only dreamed of. This time last year I was completely unmotivated. I barely finished the semester at ASU and I was so confused about what I wanted for the rest of my life. It's been 12 weeks and goodness I'm the happiest I've been in more than several months. I've met the most amazing people who share the same passion and drive to be baking everyday at 7 am. I've created things I never even imagined making. I've become a completely new person that has truly been pushed to her limits.

All of this is so exciting. I should be sad that I still have one more block before summer, but I'm not. I'm so thrilled for a new adventure. I've even considered taking on more classes and trying to finish in 15 months instead of 21. :) Culinary school has changed me so drastically. In February it was an escape from the monotony of my life without school and a connection with people because of how alone and bored I was. Now, in May, it has become my second home and the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I hope your finals went well. Like I said, I'm finishing my practical tomorrow and then I'm done with this class! I hope you have a wonderful week and I'll hopefully be back tomorrow with a quick update of pictures of treats from this week! :) And thank you so much for sharing my journey with me, it's been a bumpy one sometimes, but you guys have always supported me with kind words, so THANK YOU a thousand times!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment