June 1, 2011

Six.

Today is finally June first! YAYAYAYAYA. That means summer, sunshine, and obviously my birthday is in 9 days. The first of every month always has me reminiscing about what I've accomplished in the past month.  After reading this post on one my favorite tumblr girls' blog, I really got to thinking about the past six months. Yikes. 



December 1st. Trey had just left like a week prior for Ohio for what I anticipated to be a few months working for his dad. Ironically, Trey just got back to Arizona last week. I had yet to start school and was reveling in the excitement of my cousin's impending wedding. Besides physically being completely different, I am emotionally and mentally a different person. In the past six months, I've seen that life isn't black and white, it's more grayish tints than anything. I've often regarded myself as a romantic, very hopeful, and constantly believing that there's window opening to every door closing. 

It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows in six months. I experienced the distance between me and Trey, dealing with that heart break, the death of my uncle after a battle with cancer, struggles at school, and just all around confusion and doubt. Thank goodness for my family and the very best friends a girl could ask for. I don't think I could have coped without them. I'm stronger today because and in spite of them. Six months ago I couldn't see past December and those struggles and the bad days made the light at the end of the tunnel seem further and further away. I stand today, June 1st, almost 20, stronger than I've ever been. I've been let down, disappointed, and betrayed more times than I can count on my fingers and toes, but that's why I'm standing so tall right now.

I have no idea what God has in store for me in the next six months. I don't know what trials or what blessings are waiting for me. I have my trust fully in Him because His faithfulness has kept me going more than anything or anyone through the most where I couldn't see beyond the cloudy tears in my eyes. Deuces to the first half of 2011, I'm done with you. Here's to the next half, to summer, and to June. May it be the best it can be.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god I can't believe six months of 2011 are gone already. WHY DOES LIFE GO SO FAST!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW. I have no idea!!! It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last paragraph you wrote resonated with me. six months. but you're right, goodbye first half of 2011, hello amazing summer, good times, and new experiences.

    ReplyDelete