July 24, 2010

Daring.

I think this quote sums up my life, especially right now. “Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” I've never been ordinary, ever. I spent my childhood modeling for my family, making up crazy dances, and just being different. I've always enjoyed reading and tv shows because I enjoy getting sucked up into some fantasy world of another. I've always liked school, almost every year with the exception of maybe 7th grade, I loved being there. I gave up my created dream to get out of my house and into the cool mountain air of Flagstaff for another year (or two) for driving five days a week, 40 miles a day, to Tempe to go to ASU. I spent my first semester immersing myself. I rushed a sorority, yes me, super shy me, joined a sorority. I was in a group of classes with the same eleven kids and met my now best friend. It was a dream. I loved every moment of August - December, minus being separated from Trey it was all wonderful.

Something changed for me over winter break. I loved being home. I was so unstressed and carefree. I went back to Tempe in January, unmotivated and gloomy just like the nonstop pouring rain for practically two months. I was surrounded by those who felt the same, my friends also confused and consumed with the slacker attitude. Until that point, I had never been a slacker, never really ditched class, nothing. I'm a hard worker. I just did not want to be there.

I literally spent the next few months trying to figure out where I did want to be. I switched future goals in my head constantly. On a whim I went to real estate school to appease my parents and actually loved it. Fast forward to now. I still don't know what I want. I know what I love. Sometime this week I'll be revealing a big project I am working on. A totally whimsical amazing vision I had a few days ago and with the help of my brother and Trey, it is becoming a reality. Right now, it's about the only thing I know. In the meantime, I've become a bit obsessed with changing around my room and have been exploring just the cutest little things that I'd love to splurge on!
Anthropologie
 Fredflare
Urban Outfitters
Anthropologie
Delia's
Anthropologie
Urban Outfitters

Have a beautiful day, kids.
live by the sun and love by the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment