These are so wonderful and oh so simple. I'm a cupcake girl, but being able to use a muffin tin and cupcake liners made me believe that I could do this. And I did, they were a crowd pleaser at baby shower and for Trey and the fam. (The plate is missing half of them haha). P.S. you'll frequently see my interjections, which will be helpful with some of the steps.
Cookies & Cream Mini Cheesecakes (makes 30)
via: Martha Stewart's Cupcakes
You will need:
- 42 Oreos; 30 whole & 12 chopped. (one package will do because you'll have left over to munch on later)
- 2 lbs of cream cheese at room temperature.
- 1 cup of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten at room temperature.
- 1 cup of sour cream.
- Pinch of salt.
- Preheat your oven at 275 degrees. Use cupcake liners and line standard muffin (cupcake) pans. Place one whole Oreo at the bottom of each lined cup.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed (or a very strong arm), beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. -This is where it is key to have it softened at room temperature because cream cheese is very difficult to work with when hard.-
- Gradually add the sugar and beat until combined; then beat in the vanilla.
- Drizzle in the beaten eggs, a bit at a time. Beat to combine and scrape down the sides as needed. Beat in the sour cream and salt.
- Crush and chop the 12 Oreos and then put them in the batter. Hand mix these in to ensure they are distributed well and not crushed further.
- Divide batter among Oreo-filled cups; filling each almost to the top. -I always use an ice cream scooper to ensure an even amount in each. I use the one with the metal clamp that moves the ice cream out when you click it-
- Bake for 22 minutes or until filling is set, remember to rotate the pans after 11 minutes for an even setting. Once you remove from oven, place tins on wire racks or your stove to cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (up to over night). - The recipe states that you should keep them in the tins in the fridge, I needed my tins and you might too, so I just carefully removed each one and placed them on the plates. They are quite delicate though, so be careful.-
Let me know how they go for you guys, I'm sure you'll love them as much as I do! Have a great Friday!