October 4, 2010

Sifting through my passions.

Anyone who knows me or has read this blog or my previous one enough knows the constant struggle of my stubbornness and indecisiveness, two things that on their own are dangerous, but pair them together and it's pure chaos. Well, that is my life. For all of you new readers, first off THANK YOU SO MUCH and second of all I'll give you as a brief a background as I can into my journey for the past year.

I was accepted into Northern Arizona University (my first choice university) and to Arizona State University. A month before I graduated high school, my mom offered me a dog to bribe me to live at home and take my full ride scholarship at ASU. I accepted and started Fall 2009 as an Elementary Education major in Tempe, met a lot of people, rushed a sorority, and everything was fine and dandy. When I went back to ASU after Winter Break, I totally lost all motivation. I didn't want to be at ASU, I hated my education classes, and I just didn't want to live at home and drive to school anymore. In March, I decided I wanted to be a fashion design major at Mesa Community College in the Fall, but decided to get my real estate license until then. I got my real estate license and then realized I didn't really want to be in Fashion Design anymore. In the summer, I took English classes to become an English major back at ASU in the fall and I also decided I didn't want that either. Two days before ASU was to resume I got an offer to coach badminton at my old high school and took it and took this semester off to clear my head and figure it all out.

Sometime between being an English major and now, I took up baking: cupcakes in particular, something this blog knows very well. I fell in love, head over heels for cupcakes and for baking. I wanted to leave Arizona, but it has slowly proven to be a feat more difficult than expected. Saturday night, on a whim, I applied to Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School's Pâtisserie and Baking Arts 84 week program. It all made sense, I've dreamed of owning a chain of wonderfully chic bakeries and the first step beyond what I've already done is going to culinary school and I think I'm gonna do it. It is still fairly close to home, Scottsdale, but still new people and bright new atmosphere. I hope to start in January or February because being out of school is really killing me. I'm bored and it's just not fun. I'm excited for this new adventure and I'm really glad I waited to post this blog because I've changed my mind so often, that I wanted to be sure and I am, I really really am.

If you've sat and read this whole thing, award yourself with a pat on the back. And once again thank you to all my newest readers and commenters. I love each one of you and I get so FREAKIN' excited when I get a new follower or comment! So keep 'em coming and remember at 25 followers, I'll be having a kickass multipart giveaway, so if you want that and you're a reader, please follow :)! I'm going to spend the rest of my night watching GG & a movie with the fam.

Ps. All pictures borrowed from weheartit.com.
Pps. My boy gives the bestest hugs ever, seriously, his nickname isn't Bear for nothing. ;)



xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm now following you! Just because I'm interested to know what you're going to decide to do next, and because I know the feeling of getting excited when I get new comments and/or new followers! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so so cute! i love that quote:

    if in doubt, bake a cake!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I did read this whole thing. ;) You are going through what a lot of my friends did when we graduated high school. So many of them had no idea what they wanted to do with their life and changed majors five to six times and switched schools and whatnot. And you know what, I think it is really healthy and admirable that you are doing it now, rather than trudging through something you don't like, just to seem "grounded" and please your parents. You have your whole life ahead of you and this is the time where you should be experimenting and figuring out who you are and what you like. Because if you don't do it now, you don't want to be the woman having a midlife crisis in her 30s. Lol. So go for it and have fun! I'm excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma - Ahh thank you! I followed back as well! :)
    Paiselea - I totally fell in love with it on weheartit when I saw it!!
    Jennifer - It means a lot to know you did. I seriously did consider just going through education for my mom just to make it easier, but it just wasn't right. I'd so rather not have a midlife crisis at 30 haha. But thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete