November 12, 2010

New Favorite Obsessions

Strangely enough, whenever I check my formspring I always get weird questions about things I'm loving right now or products I've been using. I never have any problem sharing my obsessions of the moment because they do tend to change frequently. That's me though.  These are all random things, all purchased in the past month.



Clean Start Starter Kit - Dermalogica ($35)
A lot of you know I am a cleanser junkie. I am not ever satisfied with how my face looks. My skin is very oily and acne prone and it frustrates me a lot, but I will never go the extra mile to fix it like using multi-step kits. I heard a lot of great things about this brand and on a whim decided to pick it up at Beauty Brands. This has five products in it: a cleanser (am & pm), toner (am & pm), moisturizer (am), scrub/mask (am; few times a week), and a night-time treatment (pm). I've been using it religiously and am seriously loving the results and it hasn't even been the recommended 33 days that you wait to decide if a line is working for you. The cleanser is very refreshing and I love that the "Ready, Set, Scrub" is a mask and scrub combination, but I think my favorite product of all is the "All Over Clear" toner because it's in a spray bottle and it mists over your face.

I Do, Now What? - Barnes and Noble ($13.75 - NookBook; $14.63 - Hardcover)
I love Guiliana and Bill. They are probably the most real reality TV couple out there. I watch their show on Style every Monday and it's so funny and you just can relate to them. I saw on Twitter from Guiliana (yes, I'm that girl who follows too many celebrities on Twitter) about this book and purchased it for my Nook the day it came out and I'm totally loving it. I'm about half way through. The book is broken up into sections of topics that most relationships should focus on like Honesty, Money, and Cleanliness. I'm not married, I'm not even dating right now, but these anecdotes and tips have been invaluable at seeing how to help any relationship you care about. 

Longchamp Le Pliage  Large Tote - Nordstrom
I am a purse-a-holic, but I've always gotten any of my designer bags for Christmases or birthdays and I've certainly never had the money to buy one for myself. I did sell my first house about 3 weeks ago and I am quite ecstatic. This was my splurge item and I can't stop raving about it. I tend to do a lot of research before purchasing anything over $20 and I'm so serious. I read a lot of reviews, watched a lot of Youtube videos, before deciding to trek to the Scottsdale mall for this baby. The picture doesn't do the color justice because it's actually a gorgeous Dark Purple called Billberry. This bag, it's medium, and mini counterparts are made in France and come in about 12 colors. They are made of Nylon and have a leather strap. But one of the coolest things is it's ability to fold up for travel. SO COOOL. 

Creamy Concealer Kit - Bobbi Brown ($32)
I've been loving Bobbi Brown after buying her Beauty Rules book and have actually been searching for a new concealer. I have horrible dark circles under my eyes and I'm like ultra self conscious about them. After reading in her book about the use of concealer first and then powder to set, I considered buying a translucent powder, but translucent powder does not do a good enough job of setting the concealer because it does not counteract the purple tones in the dark circles. I love this product because it has the concealer on top and underneath is yellow powder which works miracles. This product was rated as a Best Beauty Buy by Style Magazine, if you don't believe me. ;) 

Lavender Vanilla Pillow Mist (Sleep) - Bath and Body Works ($10)
I got a lot of crap from my mom and brother about my Pillow Mist, like who using pillow mist, but I've found that a lot of people really do. I love love love love the smell of it. It is seriously so calming and makes me sleepy. Lavender is supposed relieve tension and sooth the nerves, while Vanilla makes you feel less stressed. With the exception of the one night I was at camp, I am sleeping like a rock. I spray it on my pillow and I'm out like a light. It's fabulous





xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment