January 13, 2011

Makeup Must Haves of 2010

Okay, ya'll know I'm extremely indecisive. I don't think that's ever been questioned, but I'm even more picky about my makeup and beauty products. I would NEVER want to count the amount of money I spend on unnecessary products that end up going to waste after maybe a week or two of use. (I might have to figure that one day for an actual budget :/ ) But for a product to last through a year or at least more than a month or so means that it's really a keeper. I decided to make it simple and choose one product per category that I loved. It actually wasn't as difficult as I thought because there's not many products that lasted through the year.  Well, here's the winners of each category! It's kind of like an awards ceremony for my makeup case. (Okay that was super cheesy, bare with me. I miss talking to myself on here! ha)



Foundation: Mac Studio Fix in C4 (the compact, not the liquid) - I've tried numerous foundations that have either totally broke out my skin or just did not have enough coverage. I love this powder because it's buildable. I use a big fluffy brush and it effectively covers my redness and breakouts which is great!
Concealer: Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in Neutral - This is one of my priciest makeup items, but concealer is huge for me. Like I explained, I have a lot of redness, undereye circles, and acne. This concealer is great because just a little bit goes a long way and blends REALLY well. I use my finger to apply it because it blends better that way. On the bottom, it comes with a yellow powder to set it. This is my one complaint: the powder is GREAT too, but there's definitely not enough. I ran out of it within a few weeks. 
Eyeliner: Maybelline Eyestudio in Blackest Black - I have very unsteady hands, so liquid eyeliner is always out of the question. I'm very loyal to my pencil eyeliner, but saw a magazine ad for this gel eyeliner that you apply with a brush. I fell in love. I don't use the brush it comes with. I have an angled eyeliner brush and it is so easy! It doesn't fade and it make the most perfect winged eyeliner effect!!
Single Eyeshadow: Mac Tet-a-Tint - I don't buy a lot of single eyeshadows because I always worry I won't use it enough to make up for what I spent on it. I went into the Mac counter one day and asked for some new eyeshadow suggestions because I'm a very neutral colors girl and she used this color as the base and the blending color and I loved it! It's almost a peachy orange, but it looks amazing under almost anything!
Eyeshadow Palette: Urban Decay Naked - Okay, so I fell in love with this when my cousin's friend used it in her youtube beauty videos. I went on a hunt to find it at Sephora, sold out, Ulta, sold out, Urban Decay online, sold out. Then on Christmas morning, I opened a present from my mom and there it was!! One of my favorite gifts by far. I use it everyday. I love the variety of neutral colors (12 shadows) and they're so pigmented for the price. ($44) It also came with a double sided eyeliner pencil and an Urban Decay Primer Potion!
Mascara: Maybelline the Falsies - I have ultra short lashes and this (after an eyelash curler) makes them so full and voluminous! It lasted me a long time and it's very cheap for being such a fabulous mascara!!
Lipstick: Revlon Just Enough Buff (613) - 2010 was a big year of lipsticks. I fell in love with nudes, but especially this one! I love my drugstore lipsticks and was so glad to find this one. The color lasts all day and is so creamy and moisturizing. I can even wear it without chapstick underneath which rocks!
Lipgloss: NARS Turkish Delight - It's a pinkish nude which is so pretty over a lot of lip colors especially the one above! I love it. The one downfall is the price, it's NARS, but I had a Sephora coupon, so I splurged and I'm SO glad!
Chapstick: Nivea A Kiss of Smoothness SPF 4 - I love the almost glossy feel of this chapstick. It's very moisturizing and my lips definitely don't stay chapped for long even when it's so dry in the winter!
Nailpolish: Essie Smokin' Hot - I loved my dark colors on my nails last year especially gray's. This was by far my favorite. I rarely used more than two coats and the color lasted without chipping and was so dark and amazing!! Ahh.

I loved being able to share my makeup loves of last year with you guys! Let me know if you enjoyed or have any specific questions about anything I mentioned!!



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment