April 17, 2011

Sugar Ball update!

Last night was the Friends of St. Jude Sugar Ball in Tempe at a small chic bistro called the Center Bistro! I've spent the past week making supplies spreadsheets, tweaking the recipes, buying supplies and decorations for my table. Friday, I painted the letters I bought (HSH) and the cute little cardboard house, obviously Home Sweet Home inspired accents. I also made the two frostings: the Hot Pink Cream Cheese icing and the Vegan Vanilla Buttercream. I decided on making Snickerdoodle mini's and Banana Split mini's, two of my most loved flavors! Nicole (my cousin) came over on Saturday and we got to work on the cupcakes and finishing the icings. She was a huge huge help when I made the 500 Mini's for the Homecoming in September, so I knew she'd be great this time around! We finished around 4 and then got ready to go to the Sugar Ball. I was super excited to actually be a part of the event and get to attend that I definitely went all out for the cocktail party.  (Definitely going to be a picture heavy post!)

I got there in time to set up my table with my stands, house, letters, napkins, and of course, the cupcakes! The venue was so perfect. It was so chic and decorated so beautifully with all of the desserts and vendors. I was really proud of the work I had put into my cupcakes and my table because it truly paid off. HSH Cupcakes has been my baby for so many months now and to see how far I've gotten in less than a year has been phenomenal. I can't even explain how grateful I am to have been a part of such an amazing event for even more wonderful cause: St. Jude's Children's Hospital. All the money raised from last night: the tickets, the raffle, the monetary vendor donations all are going to this selfless cause. It is definitely something I plan on becoming more involved in after learning so much about it.

Overall, it was a great night all around. I didn't stay for the event in it's entirety, so we went to dinner with our mom's, my mom's boyfriend, and my aunt. I think night's like last make me truly appreciate what I have been blessed with, especially the amazing support of my family and friends because there's no way I would be where I am without them. I can't wait to see where Home Sweet Home Cupcakes will go because things are only going up and all of the potential I have totally excites me!!

 My table.
 The Cupcakes!
 Nicole and I.
 The letters!!
 Closer view with the cute little house!
 Banana Split and Snickerdoodle!
 Outside the restaurant!
Me and my momma!
Me with the table!

I hope you're all having relaxing weekends! Thank you so much for YOUR constant support. I can't thank you enough. It means the world to me. :) Enjoy your Sunday Funday's. xx

OH YES AND TODAY IS MY BABY COOPER'S 2ND BIRTHDAY!! I just had to mention it because he's my boo and I kind of love him a lot. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment