May 19, 2011

The Joy of Cookbooks

Wah wah wah. I think everything of mine decided to fall apart at once. Wonderful. I'm currently doing this quick update from my little brother's iMac. My Macbook suddenly decided that it didn't like turning on, on Saturday, so it's spent 4 days at the Apple store getting fixed. Lovely. I'm suffering from obvious withdrawls. Since Sunday, my phone has also been completely acting up. It was time to retire my two year old Blackberry and trade up for a pretty new white one. I debated going Android, but decided to stick with the familiar: Blackberry, mostly because my only real reason for wanting to an Android phone was for constant Words with Friends and video calling...Yeah, my productivity would have gone out the window.

In my newly found free time, I've found a few fabulous cookbooks I'd love to share with ya'll. If you love to cook I suggest giving these a look. They're definitely fun and somewhat out of the ordinary with great recipes.

Seriously, this one is so perfect. I'm a huge believer that food is the way to a man's heart, even though I haven't found that man yet, I still believe it and so does Glamour. One of their recipes: Engagement Chicken, has been proven by 65 couples to incite a proposal. This is just one of the 100 amazing recipes for every situation. They're simple recipes that will make you look like the most advanced chef! I think the book is so cute and a must have for every woman who loves being in the kitchen!


I love love love Gwyneth Paltrow, so when I saw her on Ellen promoting this cookbook, I was sold. Ben bought this for me and I've been in love ever since. I think one of the things I like most about it is how completely personal it is. It feels like she's talking you through the recipes as if she was in your kitchen teaching you herself. Everything has a story and a background and a memory and isn't that what cooking is supposed to be? There is such a diverse selection of recipes too! Definite reccomend!!

This one comes out in just a few days, so I can't speak from experience in reading it, but I do love the authors! They're the creators of Big Girls, Small Kitchen, a blog/guide about cooking deliciously obviously on a budget and in not exactly the most expansive of kitchens. I still live at home, so I have yet to venture into the world of cooking in a tiny apartment, but we talk a lot about it in class and I read it all over the blog world. I'm excited to check out these simple delicious recipes because I already adore them and their blog!

I just started in my second and final ACTUAL cooking class at school. I'm excited, but totally nervous. Cooking isn't a totally brand new world for me. I've grown up with my dad cooking, my mom cooking, all of my grandparents cooking, so I'm no stranger to being in a kitchen, but doing it on my own is scary.  Don't get me wrong, I love baking and cupcake books, but there's something so cool about cookbooks that I've grown to love starting with my grandparents' sauce books to these in this post and so many more. I love the story telling and the memories. It makes me totally look forward to the day where I can share recipes with my future children and husband and share the memories I made and create new ones in the process.

Please share your favorite recipe blogs and cookbooks with me because I love stumbling upon new ones. :) Have a wonderful Thursday lovelies!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment