August 29, 2011

Incessant ranting

I'm warning you before I start the ACTUAL ranting that if you plan on reading this and then subsequently heading to my tumblr or to Beauty Forum and sending a b****y anonymous comment of some sort, don't read this at all. Seriously. I know I speak for Hannah as well when I say this because we're both over it. Plain and simple.

People are asking us where we are, why we're not posting as often, etc. We started Beauty Forum almost three months ago in the middle of summer. Hannah and I were both bored and dealing with other stressful things in our lives and looking for something fun to do. We had never seen anything like BF on tumblr that targeted college girls, answered questions, and offered recommendations. We never claimed to be experts or makeup artists or anything of the sort. The people who followed us knew us. We're college girls who have obsessions with makeup and beauty products. We do a lot of research, we read a lot, and we try a lot of products. We have knowledge.

We got flooded with lots of questions leading to lots of awesome detailed posts. That's something we pride ourselves in: our sometimes lengthy, but in depth posts. We spend sometimes up to two hours on a single post answering one question because we want to give each question the time it deserves. We do a lot of research giving you the facts and finding products we love. While answering your questions, we never recommend use of any products we haven't used ourselves. If we truly haven't/don't use the product you're looking for, we always direct to a place that will offer you reviews and you can make that decision yourself. We found that a lot of our readers, thanks to Prep Talk, aren't all on Tumblr, but on Twitter and Blogger as well. Our twitter serves the purpose of our followers being able to see when and what we've posted on Beauty Forum and other articles we like, or brands having sales etc. Our Blogger is exactly like our Tumblr because some people do not have Tumblr, but still want the opportunity to comment and follow us, so we have that as a venue for them to still interact with us. It's not laziness, it's catering to our readers.

It is now almost September, Hannah and I are back in school five days a week with full schedules even outside of our school schedules and studying time, we're involved in other things:  for me, it's work, family, and a social life (I know, I know how dare I?). Like Hannah said so eloquently, we're college students first and beauty bloggers second. We love what we're doing, Beauty Forum is our baby. We're not abandoning anything and we're transitioning into a better, more efficient posting schedule to suit our schedules.  I'm sorry if you think we're subpar or not very good or "just a bunch of rich girls who have a lot of money to spend," don't read then because stooping to the level of anonymous hate is cowardly and totally not classy at all. We're not whining or complaining, we're explaining to those who obviously don't understand our system or our lives.  You don't know Hannah and I personally, so don't attack us. We're people who have a beauty blog that we happen to love and enjoy, so ruining that for us isn't cool.

If you stuck around to read all that and you're not Hannah, thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to hear me out because this has been weighing on my heart for a few weeks now and was about to explode if I couldn't talk. Thank you for all the support you've given Hannah and I on Beauty Forum, we wouldn't be here without your questions, love, and encouragement. We're so happy to be running Beauty Forum.

xo

1 comment:

  1. You know all I want to say is preach. I'm so tired of getting nasty, hurtful messages because I took a week off to go to my first week of classes and then I happened to complain about wanting support when people were hard on me about it.

    ReplyDelete