November 5, 2011

Crazy about Colors


Working retail has really opened my eyes up to brand new trends once found only on the runways of New York and Paris. In the past few months I've learned to be more daring with my outfit choices while still keeping with my preppy flare. One of the coolest trends that I didn't take much advantage of this summer has completely transitioned into the fall: BRIGHTS!! For the past few weeks the store I work in has been getting in the craziest, most fun brightly colored jeans that I've been dying over.

Colored denim is one of the coolest fall trends currently and it's everywhere. (Here, here, here, and here, just in case you didn't believe me.) Fall brings colored denim to skinny jeans and jean leggings perfect for tucking into your favorite boots. Also it's a great opportunity to heat up your wardrobe this winter with bright gorgeous colors.

How to Wear: If you look at the pictures above, it's obvious that this pop of color on bottom should be balanced with neutrals: black, beige, ivory on top. Neutral colored patterns can also be worn without looking too much. I'm excited to wear my colored jeans with a black or gray blazer and pumps to dress them up or even a plain white t-shirt to dress them down. (Check out my Fashion/Beauty Pinterest board for new ideas, I'm constantly pinning new ways to wear colored jeans!)

Where to Purchase:

xo.




No comments:

Post a Comment